1. I dropped my phone on my foot last night and now I’m limping around on a really sore toe. I plug in my phone to a power strip that’s next to the bed, and the phone generally sits somewhere on the the desk next to the bed. When I climb out of bed to say… go to the bathroom or shut the monitor off on the computer when it’s time to go to sleep, it’s a pretty common occurance for my foot to get caught on the cord and the phone to fall off, and last night it came crashing down on the toe next to my pinkie. It’s surprisingly not visibly bruised, but I can feel a little bump from the impact.
2. I’m pretty sure two people unfollowed me on Twitter for saying “Hmm… I wonder if that smell coming in the window is an actual skunk or just some really skunky weed. I’m leaning toward the latter…” last night. Or at least, their decision to unfollow me was time similarly to that tweet. I’m more surprised I actually noticed a loss of followers… but then again, I may be paying extra attention because I seem to be hovering fairly close to the 1000th follower mark. (I’m at 953 currently, provided no one else unfollows me.)
3. I’m actually reading The Hunger Games books. I generally one of those people who sticks their nose up at whatever the currently popular book series is, but my friend Anna had a copy lying around so I didn’t have to buy it to sate my random curiosity about what all the fuss was about… and I have to say… I actually was impressed, but then again… I’ve always had a weak spot for young adult fiction about dystopian societies. I’ve about 92 pages left on the first book, so I expect I’ll be done with it today or tomorrow.
4. Whenever I’m having a bad day and need a little pick me up, I end up watching this little outtake from Supernatural. Warning: Hot man alert.
EYE OF THE TIGER!
5. Whenever the cat starts meowing at me to be fed hours before it’s time for him to be fed, I hassle him for not being born with opposable thumbs. I’ll be all like, “Dude, if you had opposable thumbs, I wouldn’t have to be feeding you out of a can right now.” Also, apparently Firefox’s spell check doesn’t think opposable is a word and it TOTALLY IS.