1. I’ve been obsessed with looking at mixed media and scrapbooking blogs this week. In particular, I’ve been especially loving Kiki Halbert’s posts recently… and one of my lovely sponsors, My Passion Is… has some great scrapping related posts… after that, I just started tumbling down the rabbit hole. I’ve wanted to try my hand at some sort of scrapbooking / mixed media type stuff for quite awhile, but find myself terribly overwhelmed when I start considering how to start… I’m considering investigating classes to help get me started.
2. I bought a few things on Amazon this week simply because I wanted to try out Amazon Locker Delivery. I know, you’re all wondering what the heck I’m talking about… Amazon Locker. If you live in New York City, Seattle or London, you might have a locker location that you can have your Amazon packages shipped to. I noticed that we had lockers near us when I went to the grocery store a few weeks ago and ever since then I’ve been all, “Hmm… I so need to order some stuff from Amazon so I can use the lockers!” Partly for the novelty factor and partly because they’re kind of awesome. I live in a building where I’m totally not comfortable having things shipped, so having them shipped to the locker is a great alternative to for me. I should be getting my stuff on Tuesday!
3. I feel like every post I do lately ends up being for some sort of link-up. Sorry, I’m not sorry. I think I pick really good link-ups to do, though. I try to pick ones that are thought provoking and writing oriented. I really loved doing Yeah Write this past week and I’m hoping that I have enough gumption to do it again this week. I didn’t end up getting voted very high (although to be fair, I didn’t think it was my best work) but I had so much fun with it and got so many comments!
4. After I started working this week and had my spare time totally curtailed, I realized how many blogs I follow that I don’t really care all that much about. I think it’s largely because of all the damn giveaways. I’m totally addicted to participating in giveaways and I end up following mad amounts of people. I think I really need to cut back on what types of giveaway relating following I participate in… I feel like my Google Reader has gotten totally swamped! I think in the future, I’ll only be subbing to new blogs that I’m not sure of via Bloglovin’ or Hello Cotton and reserve Google Reader for the blogs that I actually want to read every day.
5. Sometimes I really miss being able to hop in a car and drive to a big box store, buy stuff, and then drive home. Shopping seriously feels like such an ordeal in NYC that I tend to avoid doing it at all costs. Not that this is necessarily a bad thing, because it keeps me from spending money on stupid stuff… but when I went out of my way to go check out a scrapbooking shop this afternoon, by the time I got there I was exhausted and didn’t care anymore.