Apparently this was getting to know you day in the lady blogosphere because there wasn’t one, but TWO link-ups with getting to know you questions, and because I’m feeling a little lazy about coming up with a real blog topic to write about, I figured someone else could do the work and I’ll just answer the questions… because that’s fun, right?
1. How long have you been blogging? And what got you started on blogging? Has your blog changed? Fifteen years in November. Has my blog changed? Seriously. Holy shit balls have things changed in fifteen years! My answer to that question is so long that I literally have to write a book about it… My blog has changed locations so many times over the years it’s not even funny.
2. Did you go to college? If so where, and what did you study?
I did four years at New Hampshire Technical Institute, a state run community college in Concord, New Hampshire. General Studies and Computer Engineering Technology.
3. Where have you traveled?
Internationally, I’ve been to Spain and Gibraltar… and my family drove through Ontario, Canada on the way to Michigan once. Domestically, well… let’s go to the map.
Obviously, I need to fill in the middle of the country.
4. If you won the lottery, what would be the first thing you would buy?
A new computer, because I totally wrecked the keyboard on my current one.
5. What are your 3 biggest pet peeves?
1. People on the train platform who don’t wait to the side when the subway doors open.
2. The men on the subway who think their balls deserve their own seat and sit wide legged taking up a seat and a half.
3. Tourists that stop walking in the dead middle of the sidewalk to take pictures of billboards in Times Square. FOR GODS SAKE, BE AWARE OF YOUR SURROUNDINGS! IT’S A SIDEWALK NOT A SIDESTAND!
6. What is your favorite movie?
7. What is your drink of choice; wine, beer, or liquor. Or Water, Soda, Tea?
Bourbon, straight up. Unless it’s summer, then gin on the rocks.
8. What is something you enjoy to do when you have me time?
Turn on the music loud and sing at the top of my lungs.
9. If you could have a $10,000 shopping spree to one store, which store would it be?
I don’t think Etsy counts as a store, does it? Hmm… It’s been so long since I’ve been “real shopping” that I don’t even know what to say.
10. Share with us an embarrassing moment of your past? Or present.
I once got so drunk that I peed in a urinal in a gay bar in San Fransisco. I’ll leave it that… unless you really want to know, and then I’ll write a blog post about it.
11. What day would you love to relive again?
The day I moved to New York City.
12. If your life was turned into a movie… what actor would play you?
13. What are the jobs you had in high school/college/the early years?
I worked at a wholesale plant nursery that specialized in trees and shrubs and I worked at a locally owned kitchen gadget shop.
14. Show us a picture from high school or college.
15. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all expenses paid, where would you go?
I’d probably just take a year and travel all over Europe. I can’t really pick a place specifically because there are too many.
16. Show us the most current picture of you or you, or your family, or anything of meaning to you.
So, I posted it two days ago… sue me.
17. Where do you see your life 5 years from now?
Five years from now? I can’t even predict five MINUTES from now! Oh, I don’t know. Maybe there will be a mini-me on the way or something. Or I’ll be living amidst a living breathing recording studio. Or maybe I’ll be Batman!
1. What is your biggest phobia?
Filling out paperwork. I get SO agonizingly anxious whenever I have to fill out paperwork.
2. If you could relive any day of your life, what would it be and why?
See question 11 of the previous set of questions. Why? Because moving to NYC was one of the best decisions of my life.
3. If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I’ve liked 28 so far. I could stick here and be happy, I think.
4. Which celebrity do you get mistaken for?
Beats me if I know. When I was younger, people used to say looked like Lisa Loeb, but I’m pretty sure that’s just the black framed glasses.
5. What songs are included on the soundtrack to your life?
The Refreshments – Down Together
Angus & Julia Stone – The Devil’s Tears
Cowboy Mouth – I Believe In the Power of Love
Electric Six – Vibrator
Dare Dukes – Lament of the Subway Rider
Tom Conlon – Over My Shoulder
Julio Ortiz – Patron Saint
Telecom – Cheech
The Soupbone Throne – B is for Badass
Tom Leher – Poisoning Pigeons in the Park