1. I hate everything that has to do with cleaning and organization. Since I’m in-between gigs at the moment, that sorta means cleaning organization sorta *is* my main gig and I’m failing at it big time. It’s absolutely uncanny my ability to be able to walk into the room and totally ignore all of the stuff that I have to get done. I mean sure, I recognize that when I walk into the bathroom I really need to vacuum and wash the floor… or that the sink is full of dishes… and sure, I know my general state of happiness will be much better if I just buckled down and took the 15 minutes to actually DO those things, but still… I turn around and stick my nose in the screen and beat myself up on my blog. I think I need to be revisiting FlyLady.
2. I’ve been an antisocial recluse all week. I realized yesterday when I was walking to Rite-Aid to pick up some toothbrushes that I’d pretty much not left the apartment since I got back from Vermont last weekend. I think I might have left once to go to the grocery store with James on Tuesday (Was that Tuesday? Or maybe it was Wednesday… I’ve lost track) and that’s about it. This happens any time I don’t have money in my bank account… which is silly, because there’s no law saying that I have to be an antisocial recluse because I’m broke. It just sorta happens that way.
3. Wearing make-up makes me feel extremely self-conscious. I very seldom wear make-up, and when I do it tends to be really understated because if I try to do anything that’s bold I look in the mirror and say to myself, “Who do you think you are? You look like such a dirty slut!” and if I just tell myself to go with it, I’m terrified that people are staring at me because I made a make-up faux pas. However, when I notice other women’s makeup on the train I never think things like that about them… I might notice if someone has some particularly bold eyeliner or is wearing a bright lipstick, but it’s almost always admiration that they can pull it off.
4. I feel like I’ve been struggling with a nasty case of writer’s block this week. I started something like three different blog entries and got a paragraph in and couldn’t find the words to express what I wanted to say. I especially seem to struggle when I start something on a whim and then something happens to distract me… Like, I start writing something and then James comes home in the middle and wants to talk. By the time I get back to it, I’ve lost my momentum and don’t know what to say next.
5. I had a lot of fun sitting at home on a Saturday night writing my first blogging related tutorial. If you hadn’t noticed my previous entry, check out The 411 on How to Follow a Blog: GFC and Google Reader. I think I’m going to do more of these… There’s so much random stuff that I seem to know about that I assume everyone knows about, so I don’t write about it… and it turns out, sometimes people don’t know a lot of the things I just assume they know so I probably should write about it. So I’m going to. If you happen to have any suggestions, please let me know!