1. When people comment that they’ve followed me via “the blog hop” like I have any idea which blog hop they’re referring to. I think it’s great that people stumble across me via the various blog hops I decide to add my link to, but how hard is it to refer to the name of the blog hop that you happened to find me on? There are tons of blog hops going on, and I usually add my link to a couple on the days I manage to do so.
2. I completed one of the goals on my Let’s Get Physical post already! I went out and bought a Fitbit One yesterday after I posted… and because I’m a sucker I totally bought the scale too, which in retrospect probably wasn’t the best $129 spent… but on the same token the fact that I step on the scale, and it sends the reading TO THE INTERNET and creates a graph for me without me having to remember anything is pretty damn cool. Day one of using the whole system? I have to say that I’m pretty impressed. I’m sure I’ll fall right off the wagon with the food tracking because that doesn’t exactly work by osmosis but the fact that I just walk around and it tells me how many steps I’ve taken and stairs I’ve climbed is pretty awesome. I’m also madly in love with the sleep tracking features… You wear the device on your wrist when you sleep and it detects from your motion how many times you woke up over the course of the night. I apparently had a terrible night sleep last night because I woke up 26 separate times… However, when the vibrating alarm went off this morning I went running right out of bed to see how my sleep went. We’ll see how long it is before this whole novelty thing wears of… I think it has a good chance of sticking because…. Honestly? I love seeing measurable stats, and when I don’t have to do any work other than carry around a device on my body to track them? EVEN BETTER.
3. Quinoa pasta is weird. Awhile back I ended up buying some quinoa pasta from the grocery store because I’m sort of half-heartedly looking for a pasta that isn’t made out of wheat to make a staple in the house because I’ve definitely noticed that stuff with gluten in it does that thing where your tummy feels all weird and bloated and gross. I’m pretty sure the kinds I’d had before were rice based, but the grocery store only had quinoa based so I was like, “Fuck it, I’ll try that.” It’s weird, folks. When it boils up it turns the water yellow and it’s all gummy and falls apart easily.
4. I am so looking forward to getting the bed to myself for the next two nights. James is going to Mexico for three days for a gig, so I’m going to get to stretch out and not have to deal with his snoring or the fact that he likes to sleep with his butt on my side of the bed.
5. I think clamshell packaging ought to be banned. I just spent fifteen minutes trying to open the packaging for the Sansa Clip Zip mp3 player that I bought and was terrified I was going to get cut (thankfully, I didn’t). It just seems like such a waste to wrap everything in plastic like that.