Okay, so Mommy Wants Vodka does this end of year meme every year, and I did it last year, so I figured I’d do it again this year because I don’t really have anything better to blog about at the moment.
1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
While it wasn’t a big year of doing new things, I guess yoga would be the big new thang this year.
2. Did you keep your New Year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I haven’t really done resolutions in the past, though this year I’ve come up with a theme for the new year which is “Creative Bravery.”
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope, no babies this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope, no death either. Well… unless you count dogs and in that case my uncle said goodbye to a sweet little dachshund named Ludwig.
5. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
More time to do stuff that I enjoy doing.
6. What countries did you visit?
No international travel for me.
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why:
A couple days past Chinese New Year when James and I decided to get together officially.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I moved in with James.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not exercising enough, eating too much, and gaining twenty pounds. However, I want to make clear that I’m not listing that as a fail because of any poor body image reasons… I’m considering that a fail because of all the clothes that I owned that weren’t t-shirts suddenly didn’t fit, and considering my hatred of shopping… Perfectly good clothes not fitting anymore was a fail.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I probably had a cold at some point over the past year. I had a few days when I pulled some muscles in my lower back that sucked.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
My Fitbit is pretty cool.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
James! He started to learn how to cook!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My uncle who likes to send out right-wing political emails.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Rent for an apartment I wasn’t living in for most of the year.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving in with James.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
Let’s go with…. Oingo Boingo’s Dead Man’s Party
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? WAY happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? Fatter.
iii. richer or poorer? Richer.
Okay, Meme, let me take a stab at that:
i) more or less like Justin Beaver – I don’t know any beavers named Justin.
ii) more or less likely to decide inanimate objects looked like boobs - More. I can find a boob in everything.
iii) more or less likely to watch Glee – I was never likely to watch Glee.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Going out and spending time with friends. I was a total hermit this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Random surfing of the Internet.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas Eve with James over at Constantine and Christine’s playing Cards Against Humanity and eating homemade pizza. Christmas Day was spent at home surfing the Internet.
21. There was no #21. I don’t know why there was no 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2012?
Sure, the love and admiration of the James grows stronger.
23. How many one-night stands?
None. I’m monogamous now, bitches.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
How I Met Your Mother.
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Can’t say that I do.
26. What was the best book you read?
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dare Dukes is pretty good.
28. What did you want and get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
The sad part is I can’t even remember what we watched this year…
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I went to New Hampshire and visited my parents. I turned 28 years old.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finishing the under construction room.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?
Yoga pants and t-shirts fit no matter how fat you get.
34. What kept you sane?
Sane? What is sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Peter Noone from Herman’s Hermits. That guy has still got it.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
All of the anti-abortion crap got me riled up.
37. Who did you miss?
No one, really.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Constantine and Christine are pretty rad.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012:
Washing the dishes is easier if you do them right away. No… Wait… I’m still working on that one.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
From Poe’s Amazed
When push comes to shove what I’d give to you
The hallways I wouldn’t mind crawling through
And I’d do it for days and days