1. I feel like I aged 10 years while on vacation. I don’t know about you, but most of the time I feel like I stopped aging sometime around 17. Okay, sure… I’m sure I’ve matured since then but I’ve always felt young in terms of my behavior and outlook.
The first half of our vacation we stayed with family friends of James who have two kids who are about 10 years younger than us who were home from college for the holidays and their house was definitely the hangout for them and all of their friends. They were really cool, but I just couldn’t get over how old I felt! When they were hanging out to all odd hours of the night I found myself having more desire to curl up in bed instead of hang out… That’s a new one for me!
2. I spent the entire week not able to figure out if I was sick or if it was just allergies. I have some serious nasal allergy issues with dust mites which are generally not as bad in the city because there is more hardwood and less carpet… But when I go to the suburbs and more rural, carpet is more common and I end up stuffed upon and feeling like I want to curl up and die. It’s possible I had a low grade cold, but I have a feeling the allergies were the culprit and Zyrtec did zilch.
3. We did a massive declutter of a closet at my parents house that contained all my old toys. And by “we” I mean James did all the work and I just sat there telling him what was okay to throw out while running to the bathroom every two minutes to spit out more snot and blow my nose. All said and done, 6 bags of trash and 2 boxes of toys to hand off to little cousins.
4. I drank surprisingly little on this trip. It’s not that I didn’t have the opportunity, I certainly did on the first half of the trip when I was staying at a house where there were 55 some odd varieties of whiskey to sample and didn’t have to worry about driving. I snuck sips of off James’ drinks over the course of the week but to actually sit and have a drink of my own? Less than interested. Cue bit about me getting old.
5. I had so many ideas for blog entries this week but didn’t have time to write any of them. No, wait… That’s not true. I had the time to write them, I just couldn’t bring myself to do it because typing on a tablet SUCKS. I’m a really fast touch typer, so I’m super sensitive to anything that makes me slow… and typing on a touch screen? Total torture to me. I just can’t type fast enough. I think I’m going to end up buying a keyboard for the tablet because I *so* can’t take the not being able to write fast thing.