1. I did a massive clean up of the blogs that I’m subbed to recently. One of the things that I was noticing about my life was that I was spending a ridiculous amount of time trying to get through all the blogs in my feed reader and I only gave a shit about a small fraction of them… and since I was subbed to so many, I was missing out on the blogs that I actually enjoy reading. I didn’t keep track of how many I was actually subbed to and how many I gave the axe to, but it was a lot. I can now actually make it through my daily reads in under an hour. Which is great! Except for now I have nothing to read when I want to procrastinate…
2. I’m still in a massive phase of nothing I can think of to blog about is actually good enough to blog about. I’m also still trying to figure out what this phase is actually about because that’s kinda bullshit… People blog about everything stupid all of the time, so I don’t know what my issue is. It’s like I’ve got it in my head that every blog post I write needs to be the cure for cancer or something.
3. I am mildly obsessed with Casey Desmond at the moment. It wouldn’t be surprised if James and Jed are ready to kill me over how much I’ve listened to her lately, but it’s great music for spontaneous dance parties breaking out in your living room.
(P.S. You can get her album on Bandcamp.)
4. Mission clean up the house is… stagnant. I mean, it’s not standstill or anything, but I totally lost momentum and the only thing that I semi keep up with is the dishes and it’s kinda lame to just take pictures of my sink all the time to show you that I did the dishes.
However, Room A… the one that had all of the crap piled on the floor is… different than it was. I’m not going to bother with pictures because it’s just all of that stuff packed up and piled into a corner that still sorta takes up most of the room, and all of the idealistic plans that I had for it have been put on hold because we’re gaining a new roommate for an undetermined amount of time. I might have lost my potential yoga room for now, but I’m gaining a yoga buddy so I think that’s a win.
5. I should just order things off of Amazon when I need them because I never actually end up going on the errand to get them that day. Like… vacuum cleaner belts. Ours broke on our vacuum cleaner and we need a new one. James and I started discussing where we’d have to go to buy one, because you know… we’d like it sooner rather than later. Several days later, there has been no movement on my part to get off my ass and trudge to the subway to go downtown to go to Home Depot… had I ordered it off of Amazon when I was thinking about it the first time, it would probably already be here.