Alyx might have baby brain and forgot all about Sunday Confessions this week, but I haven’t and I’m doing it anyway.
1. My local yoga studio just moved to a new location and offered free yoga on Saturday to commemorate the occasion. I took full advantage. Well, maybe not full advantage but I was feeling ambitious and took two out of four classes yesterday.
I did a Vinyasa/Hatha class which pretty much kicked my ass and confirmed that I really do need to keep taking some of these more intense classes to work on my upper body strength. After what seemed like about a billion times of doing downward facing dog and plank pose my arms and shoulders were screaming, “Nooooo! Not again!”
I followed it up with a Iyengar class, which pretty much convinced me that I need to take more of this type of class. Iyengar is a slow paced method of yoga that’s all about learning how to properly position your body to be able to get deeper into poses. I have some posture issues, namely with the fact that my shoulders like to slump forward and it’s painful to hold them in the position where they’re typically supposed to be and yesterday, I walked out of the class with my shoulders dropped back and standing up straighter than I’ve probably done in years. Unfortunately, my studio only offers Iyengar at 9 AM, but I’m going to try and figure out a way that I can make it to those classes.
2. All of the “good girl” points I got for doing two yoga classes probably should be revoked due to how much wine I drank last night. It started with going out for dinner and drinks post yoga with a few of the ladies that I’ve met through my classes. After that, I bopped into a wine shop and bought some wine, then ran home and took a five minute shower and changed clothes, and hopped on the train to Queens for a housewarming party where I drank lots more wine and got scolded by the host’s sister-in-law for eating brisket with my fingers (I am so bad at being a lady!) and at the end of the night crashed out on their couch because going home at 3AM just seemed like a bad idea.
3. I am obsessing over the Angry Birds Theme Song as performed by Angèle Dubeau & La Pietà. I am picturing a ballet inspired burlesque dance to this… Seriously considering workshopping it and returning to burlesque.
4. I’m currently working on a long overdue new rebrand, refocus and redesign of my portfolio site. To be honest, I had meant to do this back in back in May but then just as I started to work on it I got offered a gig that I couldn’t turn down because I needed the money badly despite the fact that it wasn’t really what I wanted to do at the time. This time around, I’m committed to finishing and launching. If it’s not up in two weeks from now, someone come give me a tongue lashing. Okay?
5. I’m way behind on the writing courses I’m signed up for. I don’t know what it was this past week, but every time I sat down to write on a specific prompt, I started writing about something else entirely. I’m not saying it’s a bad thing, but there’s this part of me that’s all, “You just spent money on these courses and now you’re not doing your homework? WTF!” I have a feeling I won’t even start trying to catch up until Tuesday because tomorrow’s James’ day off and I just don’t get writing done when he’s home.