I’ve wanted to play along with Twisted Mixtape for awhile now, I just hadn’t gotten around to it until now. This week’s theme was breakup songs. I’m not one to spill details on breakups on my blog, so I think I’ll just let the songs speak for themselves.
1. Set Fire to the Rain - Adele
The “you weren’t who you said you were but I still want you anyway” breakup song.
2. Love Sick – The White Stripes (Bob Dylan cover)
The “trying to let it go, but can’t” breakup song.
3. The Wurlitzer Prize (I Don’t Want To Get Over You) – Waylon Jennings
The “I don’t want to get over you” breakup song.
4. She’s Too Good for Me – Warren Zevon
The “I broke up with you because I’m not good enough for you” song.
5. Absinthe Makes the Heart Grow Fonder - Jason Webley
The “I’m going to drink myself stupid while I think about what went wrong” breakup song.