1. I went out with the mission to buy new shoes and new pants and returned empty handed. I’ve been so inactive since moving in with James and working out of the house that I somehow crept up two pants sizes and I currently own two pairs of pants that fit me. I pretty much was unaware of all of this the past six months because I was just wearing t-shirts and yoga pants and not leaving the house most of the time. Now that I actually have to go to work, I’m finding that nothing fits so now it’s time to buy new clothes…. and I’m obviously still resisting this process. I went in the store, got disenfranchised with the price of pants and walked out. Then, I went and looked at shoes at DSW, and I found absolutely nothing that I liked. So, shopping mission fail.
2. I may have been derailed from my shopping mission by running into a friend in Union Square. I caught him out of the corner of my eye and texted him, “Did I just see you or your doppelganger walk across Union Square?” and watched him pull his phone out of his pocket. We ended up going to Whole Foods where I bought an orange soda and a tirmisu and we walked over to High Line (it’s a park that’s on where the elevated train used to be on that side of town) and hung out.
3. I cooked dinner, washed the dishes and cleaned the bathroom floor yesterday. I’m happy with that accomplishment. I should probably do the kitchen floor tonight, but I’m already feeling lazy and I don’t think it’s going to happen. Soon though. Maybe tomorrow.
4. I spent the morning researching options for adopting a kitten. This may have something to do with the fact that James was pretty much ready to kittynap the bodega kitten. Ever since he met that little guy, it’s been all about how we ought to get Logan a little friend to play with. We shall see how this develops…
5. I just impulsively ate half a bag of Cheetos and now regret it. I’m pretty sure this is how I jumped up two pants sizes in the past six months… Random eating of junk and not walking enough. Need to knock that shit out!